Thursday, August 25, 2011

Guess Who Lost a Tooth!


My baby's not a baby anymore! Liam surprised us by losing his first tooth just before starting Kindergarten! It was all he could talk about (with a slight lisp) for days.

"Look Mom! I can stick my finger in here!"

"Look Mom! My straw fits between my teeth!"

"Look Mom! I can see my new tooth growing in!"

Before the Tooth Fairy came, Liam kept asking me if I was the Tooth Fairy.  I could honestly answer him that I had never in my entire life been a tooth fairy.

The real Tooth Fairy had lots of practice and came that night bringing a dollar's worth of quarters and a lot of sparkly pixie dust that stuck to Liam's face the next morning. (I'm still finding it in his hair.) Unfortunately, those quarters somehow slipped behind the bed before Liam woke up.  "Mom, the Tooth Fairy took my tooth and didn't leave me anything!" Good thing she also left a note mentioning those quarters or we would have had a very bummed boy.

Just before breakfast Liam mentioned that maybe the tooth fairy was really his Kindergarten teacher and that she had used her magic wand to get into our house to quietly leave the quarters and sparkly dust. I told him to ask her all about it on his first day of school.


No comments: