Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Greg


Our good friend, Greg, recently had a birthday, so Will and I threw him a surprise birthday party. (I'm taking the picture, and that little dark round bump near the left bottom corner is Liam's head. Oh and no, that is not our child that Will is holding, that's our friends' (Rob and Lindsey's) little girl Sadie. )

It was a fun Dr. Who themed party. (For those Americans out there (who haven't been influenced by Greg yet), Dr. Who is a British sci-fi T.V. show equivalent to Star Trek in the States minus a lot of the "I am Keptar from the planet Ooptigarn. My ship is damaged and is in need of whobitigoobity and a refractory some scientific word lasar warp engine" and all that mumbo-jumbo. Not that that's bad, I grew up on Star Trek and we ALL know Will did; he even had a Federation uniform at one point. It's just a little harder for Star Trek outsiders to get into. Dr. Who is a little more mainstream. It's been around forever, but has recently been re-done, and Will and I are hooked. It keeps getting better and better as time goes on.)

What Dr. Who party would be complete without a Dalek cake?

Greg also lets us borrow his movies all the time, so as a present, I made him a Tardis DVD carrying case. It turned out much better than I expected.

(If you too are a Whovian and want a Dalek cake or a Tardis bag, I should have the instructions up within the week on my craft blog refugeecrafter.com.)

No comments: