Thursday, June 4, 2009

Goodbye Green Goblin :(



Last night after a surprise knock at the door and an offer to buy it, we bid farewell to the "Green Goblin that said 'AHE'" (a.k.a.the '92 Blazer).

It was our first car, and it was hard to see it go. It was the car Will and I read scriptures in every night during the year we were engaged, the car we drove away from La Grande in after our wedding reception, the car we brought Liam home from the hospital in.

Sigh.

I know it's just a car..."it has no feelings, and the new one is much bettah."

Still...

At least I know that the Green Goblin lives on through cameos in almost every home movie we've ever made.

5 comments:

Lckevan said...

That's sad...we came by on Wednesday evening to pick up Sadie's shoes and saw some people messing with it. I was like...I hope they aren't stealing it! By the way...Rob went in and got the shoes...you weren't there, so he got them. I hope you don't mind! :)

Alice-Anne said...

Oh, sad day. My memory of that car (since we borrowed it a few times) was the day Will, Steve, Gary and I went to the SL temple. We were suppose to do a session but I had to catch a flight (Gary was going to use your car to get me to the airport that day) ...so Gary and I did baptisms and realized we didn't have Will's keys...sowe waited and stressed and waited and stressed until the session was over and a nice man got a hold of Will in the temple... and Gary definitely broke the speed limit worried about the wrath of his future mother-in-law if I didn't make that flight...but yeah, I made it...thanks to the awesomeness of the Green Goblin! Good cars last! Tabi, you look so cute pregnant.

Noelley Belly said...

*sigh* I never heard about the Green Goblin name, we always called it "The Service Car" because you had to help each other when driving it. Holding each other's seat belts down, opening doors for each other, rolling down windows. Oh, such good memories! Bye Bye Servicable Green Goblin car!

Aubrey said...

Did you get any money for it? I know I'll have a hard time getting rid of Bessy when the time comes. There is definitely a lot of time spent in it. Almost like a second home... it's okay if you cry. But you should definitely get rid of it. :) It had definitely seen better days.

Rae said...

Oh. . . you brought tears to my eyes. . . sigh. The green goblin! Wow. That's right--we'll never forget it with all those movies. :)