Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes #3

As I finished replacing a sprinkler the other day, Liam, somehow managed to open our sticky front door whereupon he discovered a baby bottle filled with what he believed was water. He promptly took a gulp from the oh-so-tempting container discarding the paper funnel stuck in the nipple-less bottle top. I looked up to see him at the front window with tongue hanging and drool crippling down his little chin. I quickly came to his aid, assessed the situation, and discovered the demise of my VINEGAR filled fruit fly trap and the subsequent surprise of my three-year-old! Poor kid!

FYI Apple cider vinegar, a little dish soap, and water in a small dish attracts and kills fruit flies like no other. Regular "water-look-alike" vinegar...not so much.

This was my first and most likely last attempt with the funnel method. Apple cider vinegar might work better I'm sure, but that could easily be mistaken as apple juice!

1 comment:

Noelley Belly said...

My mom and I always put a piece of bread or fruit into a canning jar with a paper funnel taped to the top. That seems to work pretty well, and I'm pretty sure Liam wouldn't drink rotting fruit!